Assessment

What's the reaction to the text you just read?

I think it's disgusting. Human males getting pregnant by aliens that look like insects is really wrong.
And it's even worse that they got cut and the grubs are eaten out of the human body. I do like the topic about human beings settling down in a new planet with other aliens, but I don't like the idea that they're being treated like that. They're like tools and somehow they are like slaves. I don't really know why somebody would write something like this. I'm looking for an after story in which humans are fighting against those aliens. They could lose or win at the end. I wouldn't care. But they should at least try to fight against them, which they probably did in the past, but instead of just having that story being told as a side element. I would rather have the story with the human beings fighting as the main story. This is more interesting than reading a man giving birth to a insect, which was probably written, because the author has some kind of weird interest.

What connections did you make with the story, discuss the elements of the work which you are able to connect?

I think the part that I connected most is Gan's brother. I would probably hate and fear those aliens when I would have seen how the birth progress really was. Gan's brother, Qui's reactions are probably the most normal situation in the story.

I think what Gan did to protect himself can also be called brave.  I couldn't think of a better way than what he did in the story.

I think Gan's mother, Lien is a respectful woman. It is really sad that she has to expect one of her children being treated like that or even die.

What changes would you make to adapt the story to another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make? 

I would probably make the story into a horror game. Something like "Escape from the Tlics".
The background story could probably like humans settled down in strange planet with aliens, looking like insects. The fought against each other, with the human beings losing and being used a breeding tools. The player as Gan (you could probably change your name, doesn't need to be Gan). At first, you are just randomly visited by the "friendly" Tlic, T'Gatoi. You are just doing some every day life things. Like talking, being fed sterile eggs etc. As the story moves on, there will be hidden clues which imply what you're going to go through. And you will have chances to escape or fight against or die. There will be three endings, which are the Good Ending, the Normal Ending, the Bad Ending. The good ending would be you didn't die and your family didn't die, but instead all the Tlics were killed by the humans. The normal ending would be the book ending. The bad one, would be Gan end up the same as Lomas.

What's the future look like in 15 years?

I think Virtual Reality are going to be a huge thing. It will not only be used in games. It will be in our lives. Like, our phone are going to be some kind of identification devices, which are really use to carry around. Credit cards and driver's license and your house keys are going to be on the device. So you don't need to carry everything with you. There might be some cars that can "fly", but they will be still in progress of developing. Human beings find real "aliens" on a very far away planet, that they can't reach, but they surely identify other living creatures except those on earth. I don't think things are going to be changed that much. I hope I'll be an lead animator at Sony or Pixar or Disney or Dreamworks in 15 years or even be a film director and did my own animated film by then.

What's the future look like 50 years?

I'm not sure if I can live till 72 years old. I'm not sure if some countries are still going to be existing. I think I'm going to be retired. I think the world would be super different, like all the sci-fi stuff, about aliens, flying cars, robots, wars between planets might happen. 50 years are just really really long for human beings. I can't really imagine how that's going to be like. I'm not even sure, if the earth is still existing or people have to move to another planet. This means, not everybody can move to a new place, probably only the important people and the young ones. That means, I wouldn't be one of them, which means I think up till my death I wouldn't be able to see another planet, nor experiencing to live on one. But that's fine.











Comments

Popular Posts